Over the course of this summer going onto fall, I have noticed that my arms and legs fall asleep frequently. I can't sit comfortably, or bend my arms for long periods of time without loosing feeling & if I sit in that position long enough (which isn't long) I lose any ability to move my hand or walk. I went to my family doctor about it this October (thinking it was a pinched nerve because I have back pain that comes and goes) & he said it had to do with my central nervous system, so I am scheduled to see a neurologist on the 14th of November. he didn't say anything about what could be wrong so I decided to sit down and write a list of things that have made me feel off over the years and this is what I've written down:
1. Fatigue, completely drained of energy all the time (started feeling like this in my 9th gr of school) and the past few years it has resulted in me feeling quite depressed.
2. When I was in gr 9 (I am now 22) I began to notice my vision would black out on me, only moments at a time but long enough where I have to stop what I am doing until I re-gain it.
3. Dizziness to the point where I feel nauseous & have to lay down for an hour before I feel fit enough to take on my day.
4. Feeling off balanced/clumsy.
5. My feet tend to sort of drag, all my shoes have become scuffed and worn out at the toes and heels even after a couple weeks of owning them.
6. Arms and legs tend to get pretty twitchy, I especially notice this at night. I've also noticed that every once in a while my mouth twitches, especially when I am talking which happens to be quite embarrassing because I know people notice.
7. My family (and even I have noticed this) have pointed out how forgetful i am lately.
I've looked into what could be the cause and nothing really matches up quite like MS (I'm trying to not jump to conclusions and self diagnose... I'm more curious than anything) My great aunt was diagnosed with the disease at 19, and even though what I've read says that it isn't hereditary, my mother knows the symptoms and even mentioned to me that she was concerned it could be that. In April I visited my doctor, inquiring about my fatigue and dizziness issues and got blood tests for everything under the sun that could have been the cause but my organs & blood levels, ect. are all in mint condition.
Since my doctors appointment in October I've woken up with tingly legs as well as I've noticed that twice my legs have been numb feeling for several hours, which is a first.
I'm just looking for knowledge and advice from others who have had similar symptoms or know what the cause may be. It would be amazing if I could get some answers. :)